March babe of the month is the ever so funky Rosalina Tjioe of the blog Nine in the Afternoon. It feels like a present when her posts appear in my feed because they are realer but just as glossy and well curated as some high quality mag. In her blog we get snippets from her life in Jakarta, Indonesia and it’s full of on point minimalistic outfits, breathtaking photographs and beautifully written stories from her constantly travelling. HUGE GIRL CRUSH.
Hello Rosalinda, how are you doing today?
– Hi Linn. I’m doing great, just feeling a tad bit sluggish after spending the entire day doing essays.
We’d like to know more about who you are! Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your creative passions?
– I am a 19 years old girl currently living in Singapore. My interest with fashion started to blossom when I was in the last year of secondary education. I have to thank this space called the Internet where accessing to boundless inspirations and connecting to inspiring individuals are made possible. It nurtured my passion and by graduation I just knew that it is something that I want to do for the rest of my life.
On the other hand, photography is something that I’ve been doing during the entire course of my secondary education and yet it is a passion that I just cultivated recently.
How did your blog Nine in the Afternoon come about and what has it grown to be?
– I came to know about the existence of blogs just right after I graduated from high school, which was probably 4 years ago. I guess I had too much time on my hands and I was just finding activities to tackle my boredom, but what strongly drew me to blogging was how it enables us to freely express our own perspectives of whatever that we are interested in.
From then, I continued to post just whatever I like. It was kind of unexpected how blogging has become such an integral part of my life. I am absolutely grateful for the supportive readers and incredible opportunities blogging brings me, but best of all, it has connected me to wonderful individuals whom I’ve even crossed over into real life relationships with.
Any gems from your blog you’d like to share with new readers?
– I think some of my most meaningful posts are my travel diaries. My blog serves as a space where I can indulge in sentimental recollections of my life, so I try to vividly illustrate what I saw, heard and felt. It honestly brings me great joy to be able to share these moments that I cherished so much with all my readers.
What do you do to find inspiration for your creative projects?
– I draw inspiration from everything that is surrounding me; spaces, individuals, books and the Internet.
Who’s your biggest girl crush?
– Jayne Min of Stop It Right Now. I don’t understand how she managed to look carelessly cool yet feminine at the same time.
We all have that guilty pleasure, what’s yours?
– I’ve been trying to cut down oily food to compensate for the 19 years of unhealthy eating, but I just cannot seem to handle fried chicken.
What can we expect from you in 2015? And in the future?
– Although I’ve had a huge fondness towards photography for a long time, it just hit me recently that there are more to it than just capturing beautiful frames. I want to delve deeper into photography. But don’t get me wrong; I am never neglecting my ever-growing love for fashion. I want to do things that combine these two passions of mine, so I might just dive into fashion photography.
Check out her blog here.
Also see interviews with previous babes: